Friday, March 03, 2006

~Life in DHL~


DHL, DHL, DHL...

Was here for a month,
phew, went thru the so called "Stress Test" (evaluation on my skillset) by DHL for one month...
So far still saved, not being rejected yet :)
What I can say here, the last 3 weeks is really stress like hell...

Environment...

This Germany giant firm has a very great working environment, fantastic interior design, good security, nice pantry, beautiful washroom, .....one word to decribe "GENG"!!

Pantry...

The place I like most. Guess what, open the fridge, you can see all Dutch Lady milks packet, free to take, free to drink. Milo, Nescafe, Horlick, Green Tea, Boh Tea, just name it...3 big tin of biscuits arranging in a row, just grab the whole tin and eat in the room.

Washroom...

Of course is Gents. Perfume smell, whole washroom is blue in colour, you will feel calm to stay in the washroom, even can sleep in there. The blue colour really smoothern my cake making process every morning, loving it...you will say "Sooong ahhh"after the process...

Leisure Room...

Guess what, I found 4 pool tables, 2 table tenis tables and a gym room with all equipments. Was enjoying it last week with George. hu hu hu, what a great leisure place right...

Project Room 4...

I am located in Ground Floor, Project Room 4. Sitting next to my colleauge, just 2 of us were sold to DHL and so called "Finance Consultant" in the SAP development team, great name right, is nice to hear only.

Assignment...

Singapore rollout, Malaysia rollout, China and Japan...wow, sounds great right. The expectation from this Client is very high compare with all my previous projects. Germany style, 100% bugs free...and Germany people are all perfectionist. My schedule has been planned and packed with tasks for the whole month. You will not have a single break day and they will not let you go with no tasks on hand. Fully utilize on you and expect you to work hard for them.

Acceptance criteria...

1) On time delivery based on the specified delivery dateline
2) High quality with no more than 5 major bugs in each of the delivery.

Skills needed...

Knowledge in SAP IDOCs, ALE, LSMW, Dialog program, SAP Script, SMART form, ALV program, BAPI and normal ABAP program. Expertise in SAP Abap programming and system analysis skill. Don't play play hoh...

Deliverables...

Source and executable for fixes. Test plan and results. Delivery and release notes. Technical specification document. Operations and support manual. DDS documentation. What's that????

Great Experience in DHL...

The people here are nice and helpful for the time being. Just the assignment here are quite tough. Went thru some programs done by the Germany guys, your hand will be shaking when reading it. They are really great and the programs were so well-written.

On the second day, I was being assigned to customise a BAPI function, setting up the object and a abap query in 2 days, huh, what a good assessment on me. Die hard lol...

On my forth day, the lead came to me and asked "Syuen, look at this function, tell me, are you comfortable with it". "What you means by comfortable", I looked at him. Then he told me to use 15 minutes to scan thru the 5000 lines of coding and tell him what is the function doing, if I manage to explain the funciton means I am comfortable...wah wah wah, really killing me? Sometime he will came to me and says, "Syuen, give me a solution now to solve this issue...", wah wah wah, I am getting older and older everyday, hair keeps dropping, says welcome again to pimples, sigh :(

Another guy, "Syuen, I need a favour from you, use a backdoor way, create a program in 10 minutes now and solve the issue", and I answered him "I am not GOD, my dear friend". 10 minutes for a program, provide you the number 012-xxxxxxx, kindly call GOD for help.

Was a time I need a help from the lead, "CH, I need you help, can I have a minute with you", he answered me "You suppose to solve the problem and not seeking help from us.." What a great answer hoh...

Well, great challenge, great challenge, still alive and still survive for a month :)

The word "Giving up" does not exists in my dictionary. Will add oil for myself, and always believe that ability increases when apply a great afford, knowledge grows when you stay humble.

People fail because they have only five minutes of enthusiasm, People succeed because they persevere even through the last five minutes...

Cheers and happy working...GREAT DHL

6 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger 风与石头 said...

what a hell. by the way, this is a good challenge for you. keep add oil, if not enough, shell/petronas/BP sure got a lot, hehe... u save a lot of time to comb your hair liaw (hair keep dropping) kakaka...

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger joeyeo said...

haha...i'd wat the hell and heaven!

你就好啦, biting finger monster, making cake oso got good comfortable environment!

"Great person comes with great responsibility" - quoted from spiderman movie. untung lor u! ya...ya...ya...if u need wig for ur hair, do tell me, can recommend the supplier to u :P

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can tell u... 1 buy 10 pecket Dutch Lady lwo fat milks last nite...

so... ah sYueN ko ko... can u every day bring some more milk milk for me...???? and Green tea...can ma???

I have a lot of tea Boh... but green tea out of stock oledi... pls pls... ah sYueN ko ko...

10Q ^^p

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger ...sYuEN... said...

Dear 捷克, you wait long long, let me fill up my stocks in my house first, kakakakaka

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger ...sYuEN... said...

nah nah nah, joey and suathong, fyi, i go for hair scrubbing every 2 months, so my hair will be more than both of you after 10 years....hahahahaha

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"People fail because they have only five minutes of enthusiasm, People succeed because they persevere even through the last five minutes..."

ehm .. i like this ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home