Sunday, November 13, 2005

1st week at Maxis

Monday
First thing in the morning,
Met with PM-Yati, a nice & friendly manager so far...
She has announced my name as the
Financial Technical Consultant to the floor, my goodness

This has ended up my first day
with all kind of calls and emails from users...
From KLCC site, Sg Besi site, Sunway site & Cyberjaya site...
Let's call it the day
just for replying emails, answering calls, scheduling discussion
Stress, stress, stress...

Tuesday
Mr C is back, guess I am not going to have a peaceful life
Bingo,
10.30am - Coffee break
12.15pm - Lunch at Yong Tau Foo Rest.
3.00pm - Coffee break
6.30pm - Starbucks break
Wah wah wah, what a "fantastic & wonderful" life at Maxis...

Let's count the UCRs came in today...
1 Problem note, 2 new programs & 2 programs need to enhance...
Let's see the date line...
Sigh...must be completed end of the week...
What kind of life is this......#!!!#^%$&^%*&&^

Wednesday
Met the first user, a pretty user or I shall call her pretty auntie...
But KO said she is not, what a high expectation guy...
Went thru a newly created program with her
and she said the UAT will take about 2 months...
What the hack is this, 2 months testing for a program????
What to do, I can't force her, can't ignore her
Will be good for me too, by then I will be back to office...haha

Lunch today, upgraded to 'Ah Gong Bak Kut Teh'
As usual coffee break at Starbucks after work...
My working life getting happening ya...

Thursday
My daily work getting fantastic...
Meeting with a user who don't even see SAP screen before
Try to imagine I need to get the requirements from her
Kind a challenge...and the next day is UAT
Ha Ha, Mr C, as your wish,
I am going to wear the red underwear
and fly around Menara Sunway...
George, finally you have chance to see it...

Guess what we have for lunch today?
Upgraded to another level - Suki Thai

Maxis staffs started to tease me,
Said that I always smile and laugh everyday
Said that I am so happy everyday because of
Doreen, Jessica, Deepti, Connie, Waii...
They are finance users in different site,
I did meet up with Male users like
Nizam, Jason, Siow, Raymond...
Should say I am gay too...muahaha

This evening no more Coffee Bean
Has changed to Kim Gary, arrrrhhhh

Btw, I really miss the gang in Magnus office
Hope to come back soon...

Friday
Happy Good Friday, *sob*, *sob*
Not for me...

*Yawn*
Not for me too...

2 UATs today as scheduled...
Everything looks good...
1 program transported to PRD, yeah
1 problem note close down, yeah yeah
1 program fixed, yeah yeah yeah
but lunch spent at Kim gary again...
Can you see my wallet dropping blood????

Huh, user requested for user guide
for a simple batch input program
Really terrible man...
Another restless weekend again...

Good news Good news!!
Mr C is going for training next week
Finally, willl gain a peaceful life...
My presentation partner - BH
will be here to replace Mr C...
BH, welcome to the phyco gang...

Summary
The ENVIRONMENT here is not too bad...
The MANAGER here is nice and friendly...
The USERS here are hectic and hassle...
The STAFF here are funny and happy...
The FOOD here is definitely expensive...
The TASK here is stressful and continuous...
The TIMELINE here is so short and tied...
The WORK here...
~Get requirements,
~Write specs,
~Develop programs,
~Produce user manuals,
~Running UATs,
~Production support.
This is so call multi-tasking...

All magnus abaper is well-trained
to handle stress at work...
Learn from a tough and ugly way
to become a true consultant

SY, take it as a challenge
Do not 'Give Up' easily
This is a learning path
Will be resourceful and valueble one day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home